Let’s clear up some misunderstandings surrounding the various structures of different reward proxies that are now available on the EOS Mainnet. We think it’s great that token holders now have a wide variety of reward proxies to chose from. Reward proxies redistribute value to token holders and lower the overall cost of block production on the EOS Mainnet. In order to clear up some common misconceptions we’ve decided to publish this InterNATIONal Proxy FAQ!
The InterNATIONal Proxy offers a competitive APR to token holders while also supporting block producers that we believe bring value to the ecosystem. Our judgment is based on our extensive experience working with block producers and the deep knowledge of the EOSIO ecosystem we’ve gained through our active involvement. Thanks to our dedicated team of Ambassadors, we have grassroots communities in cities across the world, which allows us to get direct feedback from token holders located in many different countries. EOS Nation founders have also travelled extensively around the world, building the EOS community by hosting events and meeting many of the major stakeholders in the ecosystem. In our never-ending quest to optimize the EOS Mainnet, our technical team works closely with other key block producers and Block.one to improve, test and deploy improved versions of the EOSIO software.
Our ubiquitous presence at all levels of the EOS ecosystem gives us a unique and truly global perspective on the needs of the EOS Mainnet and the desires of EOS token holders. We vote for block producers based on several factors including competencies and contributions in the following areas:
- Technical Ability
- Fiscal Responsibility, Entrepreneurship, Business model
- Value-Add Diversity
- Geographic Diversity
The Advantages of the InterNATIONal Proxy
- Optimized user experience.
- Advanced smart contracts allow our users to simply vote for our proxy and start receiving daily rewards 24 hours later. Accounts that try to abuse the rewards are detected automatically and voters must be voting for the full 24hour period to receive the reward.
- Earning rewards through the InterNATIONal Proxy couldn’t be easier. Simply proxy your stake to “proxy4nation” on the EOS Mainnet and start earning daily rewards!
- No charge to block producers.
- That means block producers keep 100% of the income generated by your stake! And, unlike the majority of other proxies, we don’t charge any management fees either.
- Our proxy was the first to offer customized rewards by allowing users to earn any combination of EOS, DAPP, EOSDT, and USDT tokens. Users can also chose to receive their EOS rewards either staked or unstaked. Learn how to customize your rewards.
- Keep many key independent block producer teams above the pay threshold.
- This allows many of your favourite BPs to earn income and continue operating in the ecosystem. Unlike many players in the ecosystem, we have never used this leverage to increase our revenue.
- Transparent Rewards.
- The annual percentage rate (APR) you see at proxy.eosnation.io is what you get delivered to your account every day. No hidden costs or fees, ever! If you’re staking for other proxies, make sure to look up their fine print for hidden management fees or decay fees.
- We include the 30-day average return for REX into our APR, which gives an accurate rate for long term holders.
- No vote decay.
- Our efficient smart contracts make sure your account accumulates no voting decay. When voting for the InterNATIONal Proxy, there’s no need to refresh your votes weekly to maintain your full voting power.
- Easy accounting.
- Daily receipts are sent to assist users in jurisdictions that require tax reporting on cryptoasset transactions.
Things that you WILL NOT find in our proxy:
- Hidden or explicit fees. Some reward proxies charge users and block producers 2% – 10% for building and administrating the proxy. EOS Nation has never charged any fees for building or maintaining the InterNATIONal Proxy and never will.
- Most reward proxies charge block producers 80% of their income! EOS Nation charges 0% and allows the block producers to keep 100% of their rewards.
- Vote decay fees. Likely due to smart contract design limitations, some proxies must approximate vote decay for their users. What ends up happening is that these proxies end up reducing the rewards by more than the decay, effectively charging voters with vote-decay fees. Users who don’t want to pay these fees are forced to remember to log into their account and re-vote every week.
- Randomly timed rewards. In order to prevent abuse, some proxies randomize the time at which they send daily rewards, which makes it more difficulty for users to track their rewards.
- Some proxies include the last day’s REX APR in their stats, potentially misleading users into thinking their upcoming APR is higher than it is likely to be.
🙏 Thank you for supporting EOS Nation and our vision for a strong EOS Mainnet!