EOS Nation is pleased to announce our candidacy as a WAX Guild on the Worldwide Asset eXchange.
Our mission is to secure EOSIO blockchains with reliable infrastructure and to build a global community equipped with the tools and resources to thrive. We’re committed to leading and contributing to projects that add value to the ecosystem.
We believe that WAX brings an immense amount of value to this ecosystem. With its focus on NFT trading and serving the massive gaming market, WAX is solving real-world problems for real-world users. We believe that the trading of gaming assets is primed to become the first mass adopted blockchain use-case, and that WAX is uniquely positioned to serve as that onramp.
Since joining the EOSIO ecosystem more than a year-and-a-half ago, EOS Nation has established a strong global community, a robust technical infrastructure and tools that we believe can help propel WAX on its journey.
Official WAX Guild candidate name
Location of company headquarters and servers
13,246 members across 16 EOS Nation communities off and online:
- Twitter: @EOS_Nation – 4757 followers
- Facebook Group – 3407 members ** Largest BP Facebook Group **
- Telegram channel – 1250 members
- Meetup Groups – 1640 members across 19 groups
- Facebook Page – 913 follows
- Twitter (Korean): @EOSKorean – 41 followers ** New community**
- Linkedin – 160 followers
- Instragram – 156 followers
Managed by EOS Nation Ambassadors:
- EOS in Thailand on Facebook, 28 follows (Felix Mago)
- BOS / EOS Early Adopters on Whatapps, 251 members (Tojukaka)
- Early Adopters 2 on Whatsapp, 218 members (Tojukaka)
- EmpowermeEOS on Twitter, 326 followers (Tojukaka)
- EmpowermeEOS on Telegram, 191 members (Tojukaka)
- EOS OAU on Whatsapp, 68 members (Tojukaka)
Yves La Rose
Milot S. Mehmeti
Mpalanyi Vicent Victor
Kaka Blessing Toritseju
Heinz Martin Breuer
Relevant background qualifications
Behind EOS Detective is a robust blockchain forensics analysis backbone capable of serving valuable transactional insights. Built and maintained by our team of world class engineers that have over 50 years of combined experience working for technology giants like Facebook, Capital One, and Hewlett Packard, it leverages Elasticsearch and dedicated hardware infrastructure. It’s built to scale with the needs of WAX and ready to expand its analytical capabilities.
With a large team of 31 people located across 17 countries around the world, it’s no surprise that EOS Nation was described by Brock Pierce as “perhaps the most internationally connected team” in the EOSIO community. Through the help of our fantastic EOS Nation Ambassadors, we have been able to build multiple grassroots communities in diverse areas of the world that includes America (Canada, USA, Guatemala), Africa (Nigeria, Tunisia, Uganda), Europe (Switzerland, Germany, UK, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kosovo), Asia (China, Korea, India, Thailand) and Australia!
Infrastructure, security and technical specifications
EOS Nation uses industry standard technical and organizational security measures in connection with the storage, processing and transfer of the data that are designed to protect the integrity of that data and to guard against unauthorized or unlawful access to, use of, or processing of such data.
Our data centres are virtually impenetrable. They all feature two-stage authentication for access—with biometric authentication, such as iris scanners and round-the-clock video monitoring of the perimeter, cabinets, cages and suites, so you can rest assured your data is safe.
Our hardware is fully bare metal. The infrastructure is in guarded and monitored Tier III data centres which are Uptime Institute Tier III certified facilities, guaranteeing 100% power uptime. The network infrastructure is protected by sophisticated power-redundancy, cooling and fire-suppression systems, ensuring business continuity.
Since the EOS Mainnet launch back in June 2018, EOS Nation has proven itself to be a reliable EOSIO Block Producer, having produced over 500,000 blocks with 99.991% round availability.
In fact, EOS Nation sits in the top producer reliability position; in the 42,292 times we were scheduled to produce blocks, we have only ever missed 4 rounds and recovered immediately within 2 minutes (1 round) of it happening every time.
Community benefit project outline
Achievements in blockchain education, social influence and community building:
- Leader in community building through 128 Events in first 365 Days
- Maintains a team of 16 Ambassadors located across 12 countries
- Publishes the EOS Hot Sauce in multiple languages every week
- Compiled many educational links into “Awesome EOS”
- Collaborated to create a guided intro to EOS in EOSDocs
- Wrote summaries of all EOS Alliance’s Constitution Referendum Series
- Organized the “Get Out The Vote” Campaign
- Created how-to Instructional Video Series
- EOS dApp Spotlight Video Series
- Hosted Scholar Testnet leading up to mainnet launch
- EOS Nation Community Engagement Fund has distributed 9929 EOS, worth $50,029 USD at the time of distribution, to community-led projects and events
Developed user tools and related contributions:
- EOSIO code contributions
- Block Producer bp.json Validator
- EOS Detective
- DSP Portal
- Multiple Open Source Contributions
- Built BOS Referendum, Escrow, Tally and Auditor systems
- EOSIO Snapshots
- Project manager for EOS Referendum System
- Project manager for Lost Key Recovery System
- Built tally mechanism for EOS Referendum System
- Contributed 678 EOS (worth $4,147 USD) towards technical efforts
- Advised platforms/exchanges to help them list EOS: Sato Wallet, Luno.com, Remitano.com, kurecoinhub.com and Indodax.com
Telegram and node names for community testnet participation
- Telegram: @EOSNation
- Node name: nation.wax
Governance, transparency and accountability
We believe blockchain technology has the potential to bring a new level of transparency and accountability to governance. EOS Nation has been leaders in pushing forward governance since our involvement in drafting the first EOS constitution prior to the mainnet launch. We’re active participants in community discussions and regularly share our views, live and unedited, on EOS Radio, which we’re proud to sponsor.
We contributed to the development of the EOS Referendum system, brought our learnings over to BOS to develop the BOS Worker Proposal System, and are now experimenting with new voting dynamics in an effort to bring more fairness to reward distribution.
Transparency and accountability are part of our core values. That’s why we’ve invested in building tools like EOS Detective and the BP Validator. Our team is 100% self-funded and publicly disclosed. We interact with our community directly to face our shared challenges. We live these values.