Pomelo NFT Series – Season 2

Thank you to everyone in our community who supports builders in our ecosystem through the Pomelo crowdfunding platform and our promotional NFT series. All primary sales collected from this series will be donated to the Pomelo matching fund for Season 2 and, since we’re almost sold out, it looks very likely that we’ll be able to raise 5000 EOS for the matching pool.  Want to get in on the fun? Buy some Pomelo NFTs on AtomicHub or grab some of the few remaining discounted NFTs that can be purchased via Shopify on shop.pomelo.io.

In total, the Pomelo crowdfunding platform Season 2 matching pool now is over US $1,000,000! Visit Pomelo.io and you can easily participate as a grant creator or individual contributor. Quadratic funding means small contributions go a long way!

➡️Grant submissions are open From March 22nd to April 11th
➡️ Individual contributions are open from March 30th to April 22nd.

Finding Diamonds in the Rough

The Pomelo crowdfunding platform is all about discovering talent in our community and finding ways to get them the funding that they need to allow them to deliver great value to the community. In the same sense, our 2nd Pomelo NFT series focuses on transforming some raw materials into exquisite diamond pomelos! Scroll to the bottom of this post for an infographic highlighting all of the ingredients, blends and rarity dynamics found in Pomelo Season 2 NFTs!

 In this article:

Kimberlites (Supply: 5000)

We started by announcing our first asset of this series, the Kimberlite! Kimberlites are formed deep within the mantle of the earth and are often found transporting diamonds to the surface of the earth. These are the base elements needed for collectors who wish to eventually find a Diamond Pomelo!

Grant Collectibles (Supply: 2100)

Next up was the introduction of our Pomelo Grant Collectibles! These NFTs immortalize the 10 most supported grants of Season 1 while highlighting various statistics such as the number of contributors to the grants, the amount of money raised, and the amount of money matched.  Our team was very pleased to see the excitement in the EOS community as they tried to either collect their favorite grant, or even complete the full set!  All 450 Grant Collectible Packs available on AtomicHub were sold in less than 3 days!

While the AtomicHub drop is sold out, at the time of writing, there were still Grant Collectible Packs, individual Grant Collectibles and Kimberlites available on Shopify!

Some of these Grant Collectible Packs were also given to our most loyal supporters of the Pomelo platform. To qualify for the first airdrop, users had to have donated to at least 1 grant in Pomelo Season 1 AND held either a Golden Pomelo or a Pomelo Badge S01.

Another upcoming Grant Collectible Pack airdrop will award 1 pack to each of the top 21 Pomelo Season 1 contributors based on their total dollar donations.

Additionally, mints #1-3 of each grant collectible were given to the respective grant creators as a reward for their efforts.

Diamond Potion – Blending Starts on March 8th @ 13:00 UTC (Supply: 1250)

To move on to the next stage of the series, collectors will need to blend 4x Kimberlites + 1x Grant Collectible to create the mysterious Diamond Potion!

All Pomelo Season 2 blends can be accessed at https://blend.dotgems.io.

Diamond Fragments (Supply: 10,000)

Holding a Diamond Potion will allow you to create Diamond Fragments which come in a variety of shapes, colors, and clarity! Each potion can create 7 Diamond Fragments, one of which can be claimed right away, and the others are claimable at a rate of 1 per 24 hours.

Visit harvest.pomelo.io to claim your Diamond Fragments!

Golden Diamond Potion – Blending Starts on March 10th @ 13:00 UTC (Supply: 250)

Looking for even more Diamond Fragments? You can upgrade your Diamond Potion by blending it with a Golden Pomelo from Season 1. Golden Diamond Potions add an additional 5 claims to your potion, allowing you to create a total of 12 Diamond Fragments from that potion.

Diamond Pomelo – Blending Starts Soon(Supply: 1250)

And finally, the pièce de résistance of the Pomelo NFT Season 2 series is the exquisite Diamond Pomelo! Forged by combining 5x Diamond Fragments and 1x Diamond Potion (or Golden Diamond Potion), these Diamond Pomelos come in a wide variety of flavors and 2 rarities! 

Choose your fragments carefully as their attributes will influence what kind of Diamond Pomelo you receive!

The Impact of Diamond Fragment Attributes: Shape, Color, Clarity

A Diamond Pomelo will always be the shape and color of one of the fragments submitted. For example, if you forge a Diamond Pomelo with 3 amber fragments and 2 ice blue fragments, then there is a 60% chance your Diamond Pomelo will be amber colored and 40% chance it will be ice blue. The same logic applies for the shape of your Diamond Pomelo.

As for the clarity of your Diamond Pomelo, there’s a bit more nuance.  For starters, fragments can have 11 different levels of clarity:

  • Flawless (FL), Internally Flawless (IF) – 5 points
  • Very Very Slight Inclusions (VVS1, VVS2) – 4 points
  • Very Slight Inclusions (VS1, VS2) – 3 points
  • Slight Inclusions (SI1, SI2) – 2 points
  • Imperfect (I1, I2, I3) – 1 points

In order to create a stunningly clear Diamond Pomelo (rare) without any cloudy carbon inclusions (common), you’ll need to reach a total of at least 20 clarity points. 

For example, if you blend 5 fragments with these color, shape, and clarity attributes:

  • Fragment #1: Amber, Heart, IF (5pts)
  • Fragment #2: Ice Blue, Heart, VS2 (3pts)
  • Fragment #3: Ice Blue , Heart, VVS1 (4pts)
  • Fragment #4: Ice Blue , Heart, VS1 (3pts)
  • Fragment #5: Amber , Heart, IF (5pts)

You’ll create a Diamond Pomelo that would be:

  • Clarity: Rare (20 clarity points reached (5+3+4+3+5 = 20))
  • Color: 60% chance Ice Blue, 40% chance Amber
  • Shape: 100% Heart

Choose your Diamond Fragments wisely!

Pomelo Badge S02 – Blending Starts Soon (Supply: 250)

Not satisfied with the style of the Diamond Pomelo you forged? No problem, you can blend 1x Diamond Pomelo into the Pomelo Badge S02!

Note: We have restricted the blend contract to only allow 250x Pomelo Badge S01 to be created, bringing the supply in line with S02.

We hope to bring lots of fun to you while you collect, claim, blend and trade your way to exquisite Pomelo Diamonds. Our team most definitely enjoyed developing this concept and we hope you enjoyed it too!

Thank you for participating, and good luck finding those flawlessly clear fragments!

Daniel Keyes

Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Responsibilities include: product management, operations, community
Location: Toronto, Canada

Prior to founding the first EOS community in Toronto and co-founding EOS Nation, Daniel spent a decade in the financial technology industry working several diverse roles. His extensive experience in customer service, sales, sales coaching, agent training, digital marketing, digital process management (lean green belt), and product management (certified scrum master, certified product owner) eventually lead him to consulting for a blockchain dev shop.

Daniel earned a Bachelor of Journalism from Ryerson University in 2009 and worked as a chase producer intern at Global TV.

Daniel lives by the principles of Truth, Love, and Freedom.