This is how to secure an EOS account with a ledger Hardware wallet using blocks.io.
1. First, if you have a brand new ledger, set it up and download the Ledger Live desktop application.
2. Set up connect your ledger to your computer and access the ledger live application.
-> go to manager, update your firmware if needed and search for the EOS application
–> Install it
3. Once it’s successfully installed go to block.io and try to login with your ledger, you’ll be unable to log in but you’ll be provided with three public keys that you can link to new or existing EOS accounts. “Copy them down”
4. In bloks.io go to the wallet tab then click on create account.
5. Paste one of the public keys in the “Public EOS Key” field.
6. Under “Account Name”, you’ll now need to create a 12 character account name. (letters A to Z and numbers 1-5)
7. Payment, you have two options to pay for the account, send EOS directly from any wallet or exchange or pay through a supported wallet.
Once the transaction is successful you can now log into and create transactions on Bloks.io using your ledger wallet hardware wallet.